- "If you want of strong emotions, do not hesitate to give him an opportunity." - 7/10 Broken Tomb
- " great sounding atmospheric mixture of black and death metal" - Occult Black Metal Zine - 8/10 bit.ly/2JcHsbX
- Metal Reviews - 78/100 bit.ly/2SikW57
- "Hideous in its beauty" - Wonderbox Metal - bit.ly/2LAuLZF
- #8/30 Wonderbox Metal End of Year List – Best Metal of 2018
- "One of the most surprising albums that I heard in the last days" - Zyk's Asylum
The Alliance of Casus Belli Musica and Beverina presents the stunning debut full-length album “Abjection” of atmospheric black / death metal band EMBRA from Richmond, USA!
EMBRA’s first full-length release, "Abjection" attempts to embody the transcendental revulsion that one experiences when confronting this meaningless, inhospitable world. It is about torment in all forms: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual; catastrophic disturbances in one's sense of identity, and the opposition to and rejection of the self and the world -- not as a form of purification or enlightenment, but as the culmination of an eternity of pain in a final, sublime exhaustion in which one casts away all and is consumed by nothingness.
EMBRA does not adhere to any political or spiritual belief system, and do not claim affiliation to any group. Its musical influences are primarily: Leviathan, The Ruins of Beverast, Aosoth, Deathspell Omega, Blood of Kingu, and other bands in that vein.